Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Poetry

I know there was a previous post about poetry but here is another one. I've noticed that there has been a lot of negative energy around this site (yeah I m a hippie) and I wanted to make a place to creatively express our inner turmoil, hatred, love, joy, love, fears, hopes, dreams, wants, problems, solutions, opinions, jokes, anytime you want. I wrote a poem so here it is to get things kicked off. (keep in mind that all of the ideas expressed are not of me, merely added for dramatic effect)

Will I? Should I?
Jennifer Schrauben
Will I be me,
or will I change to someone else?
Should I be me,
or should I stand up for myself?
Will I be good enough,
or will I fail to measure up?
Should I try a little harder,
or should I give in, give up?
Will I find what I'm looking for,
or will I let it slip away?
Should I die tonight,
or should I live another day?
Will I captivate your heart,
or will you pass me on by?
Should I stand out of the crowd,
or should I not even try?
Will I be who I am?
Should i be who i am?
Who am i inside?

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That's beautiful. I should put a poem on this site sometime...

Sarah said...

Wow, that's really good.