Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Cool Off, Cool Down

Update
To address some of your comments...
The meeting is Thursday morning at 7:45am.
Don't complain because it won't get you anywhere. If it means that much to you, you can probably make it. I'll be missing school.
This was a seperate post because I couldn't get the comments to work on the previous one.
I would like to apologize for jumping the gun myself (though I received somewhat false information). Tiffany is on our side, Craig talked to her today. She told him that she thought the color scheme was just a joke (i.e. a name like "Hothouse Tomato" does sound pretty fake). The GM workers told Craig that she didn't like it. Anyway, she also suggested that we push to re-paint the cafe side as well; furthermore, she mentioned that she has designed some Beaner coffee shops in the area.

My final words would be to say a little pray for our cause everytime you think about it tonight, tomorrow, whenever.
______________________________

When I said not to get angry, I meant it. Getting mad about it will not help anything. Hopefully most of you can come to the meeting (I still don't have a time) Thursday morning so your voice can be heard, but we would be foolish to get angry. Most of us had some sort of problem with the color scheme anwyay. The way I see it is that getting Tiffany involved will benefit us. She had other ideas for the other side's color scheme, but some people did not want it. We have to tell HER our ideas, because I bet that she will be very open about it. Plus, I think we need to come into the meeting with a much more calm attitude. We can't build a youth center through quarrels and arguments.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

i think that ben is mad about us being mad.
I guess i agree with Ben, we shouldn't be all mad about it, but I still resolve to move away from this area forever. Cause not just the Gm workers are like that, it's a lot of people. So I'm not mad at them but I do hate them...just kidding...but you know what i mean

Rachael said...

I'm angry.

krustacianken said...

Whatever Ben. I really dont know what you are talking about that "most of us had some sort of problem with the color scheme anyway". Really, we decided on the colors so why would we have a problem with the color scheme? We do need her input, but we can't let her walk all over our decisions otherwise it wont look how we want it.

Tom said...

I won't be coming to the meeting if it is during school hours. Is there a way to tell them that we have to reschedule it to actually not miss school?

It is somewhat easy to get angry over something. I do all the time, but I haven't been involved in many arguments lately, so you guys certainly can try not to either. Like Ben said, we have to calm.

Rachael said...

I just don't get why they would schedule it during school hours if they want imput from the youth.

Jenn said...

ok, first of all.. i dont knwo why this is a seperate post but n e ways... we can vent our feeling on this blog i would hope since that klein person doesnt read it and neither does n e 1 else. since the meeting is during school hours i dont know n e 1 who will be going so u dont have to worry about us yelling at them if we rnt there. maybe someone (ben maybe since he is so calm and in with the craig man) should talk to craig and tell him about our concerns. i dont think a whole posse would be so good ganing up on the adults n e ways. we need to make them aware of our problems.

Jenn said...

ok, yeah i guess there was a lot of false info going around. i dont know what designing coffee shops has to do with this but alrighty. she wants us to redo the cafe even tho she is the one who designed it? is she happy with the result? no its not about how important it is to me deciding if i go or not. i have missed a lot of school lately and cant afford to miss more. tom cant go, he has perfect attendance. it is rediculous for them to expect input from us at a meeting during school hours. and, what color scheme did she think was a joke? the one you guys made this weekend or a different one? i dont know y the coffee shop look is being pushed since i dont think many kids drink coffee (aside from rachael). it would be nice to have a cozy place with couches LIKE a coffee shop but we didnt get that, instead we got IRON chairs that no1 wants to sit in. no i'm not mad, i m just giving my opinion and asking questions so i have the facts straight.

Unknown said...

Yes, she designed the cafe side. But she was under a lot of pressure from some the adults in charge. Plus, we really were not that vocal last time around. About the coffee shop thing- It's my opinion that the color scheme in most coffee shops are pretty cool, a lot of youth centers are going for that type of look, and I agree with you about making the place a lot more cozy.

Tom said...

Jennifer, thanks for typing for me.

But until I have the award in my hands on Senior Night, I won't have perfect attendance.

Sarah said...

I think that we should meet with Klein and find the colors we want and then inform the GM workers that we are buying paint and painting the building. Then they can finish the plaster and dry wall and then leave.

Jenn said...

i dont understand y the workers have n e say it this at all. they should jsut do the work.