Friday, January 28, 2005

Village

Ok, I just got back from lansing where I watched the Village with some friends. I am really tired so excuse my mistakes. I just wanted to say to Tom and Kenric ( if Kenric ever reads this blog, much less posts on it), that I was not afraid of this movie at all. Now I know you're going to say that the Grudge is much more scary, but hey every one else was scared that I saw it with, except one other girl and I. Another thing I wanted to bring up was that I hate people who give away scenes right before they happen. There were about three people who had already seen the movie and two of them felt like they should explain every scene to us. Everyone else was about ready to strangle them. In movies like the Village you're not supposed to understand what's going on at first, and you don't really want to know. It's part of the movie. So when i see the Grudge no saying stuff like " Oh!! this part is really scary and here's why" I might hurt you. Well I'm done complaining now.

4 comments:

Tom said...

So Sarah, you are saying you aren't scared of it because they gave the scenes away. I see. That could have been the reason why you didn't jump at all, because you knew it was coming. Since I can't tell you if The Grudge is better as in scarier (not in your case though, I guess, since you said you won't be afraid anyway) than The Village, I have no opinion on that.

Kenric said we have to watch it in K-13's basement and it has to be very quiet for the full effect. Not like it matters for you, Sarah! So in other words, I can't be myself, because I can't talk at all in the movie. I could scream though!

Sarah said...

Tom, they didn't give away scenes, they just tried to explain stuff about the movie that you weren't supposed to know yet. It might have made the movie a little less scary, but most of the people were still scared. And i didn't say you couldn't talk I just said you can't give the movie away. If you feel the need to scream go right on ahead.

Tom said...

I didn't say you did say that I couldn't talk. Confusing? Well, I said Kenric said not to talk in the movie to make the movie at its full potential.

Sarah said...

Kenric is just trying to make the movie as scary as possible. However, I will not be scared, reguardless of the noise volume and the amount of talking. Since Kenric never reads this anyway, we should all talk as much as possible during the movie. Not that I'm afraid that I'll be scared of it, but it would really annoy Kenric.