Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Food Album

Oh dont' worry, I'm not going to talk about Weird Al. I am going to talk about food!
Have any of you ever had Bosnian food? You've probably had variations of it and not realized it. I was just trying to think of something to write and I thought of the pastries that a family from Bosnia makes. I haven't seen this family in a couple years, we met them when they came to work for my dad and then lost touch when they moved to Detriot. (They went from Ionia, which I find a perfectly dreadful town -I don't mean to offend anyone, but I got a bad end of it- to Detroit. I feel sorry for them.) Anyway, they were very nice people, and I had good times with the two girls who were near my age. Their mother, Sylvia, makes these pastries with buttery, flaky crust, wrapped around meat, that tasted awesome! Some she made with cheese in the pastry part, and both ways they were quite tasty. And she always made then in very large quantities, not only in number, but in size. They were about as big as your hand, but even so they where so good that I would sometimes eat more than one for a meal! She also made these cabbage rolls filled with seasoned meat and vegitables, which were also very good. I don't like cabbage very much, or meat and vegatables for that matter :), but she just had a way food that even the stews she made were savory! A great lady who made great food :)

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Mmm...Bosnian food. I haven't specifically had Bosnian food, but I'm pretty sure it's a mix of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean and Middle Eastern is great. Sometime, we should have a multi-cultural potluck at the Ark and everyone should bring a different type of food (and dress like the cultures food that they made!!)

Sarah said...

Yeah, what is it about cabbage rolls? some one i know made them and i loved them...but i don't really like cabbage.

Anonymous said...

from an extremely to the ninth power, bored child:

if there was some multi-cultural food thingy i think i would bring some sort food from this place called the U.S. of A. I think i'll bring a packet of crisps or over there they call them --- chips. I will wear an uncricketlike pair of blue jeans with a sports shirt that isn't about cricket. With tennis shoes that aren't even worn while playing tennis!

P.S. Has anyone since that dreadful Mary Poppins movie?

Anonymous said...

i meant to say seen not since. the post script should read

Has anyone seen that dreadful Mary Poppins movie?

Anonymous said...

there is no such thing as a horrible (or what ever you said) Mary Poppins movie. I happened to like Mary Poppins. :)