Monday, January 17, 2005

Liberals!!! (let me pour out my wrath)

Ahhh...taking a day off school to do something worthwhile feels great. Today, I visited Aquinas College and afterwards, I visited a friend of my family, a retired nun. I could really go on and on for pages on Aquinas, so I'll save that for later. I have something more important to talk about first, a complaint. The nun we visited after going to Aquinas was Sr. Mary Catherine Courtright who lives in Marywood, a huge convent in Grand Rapids. There is a big motherhouse and then a retirement convent for the aging sisters. From what she described, it is a disgustingly liberal place. She said that the younger nuns living in the "motherhouse" make fun of the older one's for wanting to wear their habits. Along with that, she said the younger nuns got someone to come in and they had a séance. In the chapel!! The sisters believe in extreme toleration of basically everything, including Kerry and homosexuals. I felt really sad for her because she didn't want to be there, but couldn't leave because she doesn't have a family or a whole lot of money. There is something seriously wrong with that, when religious, people who faithful Catholics should look up to, become extreme liberals. It really makes me so mad.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is so disgusting. How do these things happen? A seance? what is wrong with these people. Why would you even want to be a nun if you believed all that junk. I think I'm mad too.