Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Comparitive Essay

Hey people, I have to write a 7 or 8 page comparitive/contrasting essay and can't think of a topic! Actually, i have, but I can't find enough info on any. (I've tried comparing how parents raise the oldest and youngest children. I've also tried comparing dating in high school opposed to not and lastly, I'm trying to find information on how religious people live/think compared to athiests.) All of these topics have not turned up much information. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I could compare 2 religions, but I feel like that would be a little too easy and most of these essays, I feel I'm too biased on.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Well with the atheist vrs theist thing you could look up some arguments on different forums. There were some interesting ones on catholic answers forums and on theologyweb.com. I don't remember what they are called, but you could use the search thingy on the sites. There are also quite a few atheist websites that have forums, it's been a while since I've looked at any so I don't remember those either, but I'm sure you could find some. Samething goes with the other essay topics you had, a lot of forums have debates and stuff on just about everything you could think of. I don't know if you can even use stuff like that, but it's a thought.
Man do I like typing today....

Rachael said...

Yeah, I can't use a forum as a source. It would make it a lot easier if I could though.

Jenn said...

and i dont know just MAYBE that source would be a little bias itself. (hhmm irony by understatement i think mrs fox would call that)

Sarah said...

Yeah I guess you can't really check the sources when it's online...Well, there are a lot of books out there....

Rachael said...

Jennifer, you are so sarcastic!