Friday, December 31, 2004

Sorry Show

I have a strange story to tell. I was on the way home from work today, surfing the radio waves when I came across some station that was having their usual Thursday night "sorry show". Some man called in to say he was sorry for leaving his wife and kids 5 years ago. Another lady called up to tell how she works at a store and helped out a customer, so the customer gave her a bushel of tomatoes. Just for the fun of it, she threw one off the balcony of the 2nd story building and the man who gave the tomatoes to her saw this happen (kind of humorous). Anyway, as they explained, people can call in about something they feel guilty about and the show hosts will badger the caller a little about what they did, then they will be absolved of their sins. Is that not kind of strange? Why would a person think they could be absolved of their sins by calling in to a radio station and telling the world what they did? I guess I just think it's weird because I'm used to going to confession to be absolved of my sins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess it's kind of the secular way of "absolving" a person of their sins. I guess I'd have to listen to the show though, hopefully it's not a mockery.