Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Time is Here

I've been making food all day for tomorrow when my family comes over and it's snowing up a storm outside my window. My brother that has been in Brazil is on his way to Michigan right now and my other brother is in the kitchen singing a weird rendition of More to Life. Ahh I love Christmas. But, I do have a complaint (sorry). Every year, it disgusts me how materialistic everything has become. Call me a transcendentalist, a Catholic traditionalist, call me crazy for all I care, but I always have an extreme want around Christmas for things to be much, much more simple. (I think I am a transcendentalist.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

transendentalist: "...asserting the existence of an ideal spiritual reality that transcends the empirical and scientific and is knowable through intuition"

You're not a transcendentalist, you're just right :)

By the way, did that brother happen to be Richard?

Rachael said...

Not a transcendentalist, huh? That probably good to hear. Yeah, it was Ricky singing, although later Ted was singing Christmas songs in Portuguese.