Sunday, December 26, 2004

Home For Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! I can honestly say this was one of the most beautiful Christmases. My brother is finally home from Brazil and I've been spending a lot of time with him. Last night, we went to midnight mass and our priest who has been in Rome came back to say Christmas mass to surprise our parish! Today my whole family (minus one of my brothers) was home. It's such a great atmosphere with our house packed full of people. My house is usually very quiet, but with everyone home, it's a complete ruckus. We all stand around in the kitchen making the food. My brother from Brazil tries to squeeze as much garlic and hot pepper into food before my mom screams for him to stop. Someone bought my mom a yakety sax cd (we always clean the house to our yakety sax record), so she put it in the stereo and danced to it. My nephew who is 2 also did a wild dance. Later, we all sat around by the piano and my brothers and I played Christmas carols drinking tea. I have to say, our family is definitely unique. Oh, also someone left a little beagle puppy off at our house, so we've been playing with it. We've called all the neighbors and it doesn't have a home. :( Anyone need a beagle puppy? (It has floppy ears, come on it's cute. Someone has to want it.) Anyway, I'm done rambling about my day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

wow! sounds like you had a fun and crazy Christmas. Sorry can't take the dog, already have one. :) I wish we could though, it sounds cute. Yakety Sax? never heard of it, is it jazz?