Wednesday, August 17, 2005

From World Youth Day

I do not have much time, and this German keyboard is annoying, but I though I would let you guys in on a few things that have been happening.

We made our first trip to the great cathedral yesterday and prayed by the Magi. It was awesome. I wish I could post some pictures butI cannot, I will have to show you guys some when I get back. About 2 hours ago we missed our 2nd opportunity at meeting a cardinal. Cardinal Maida from Detriot was supposed to talk to us in Cologne tonight, but he ended up not being able to make it. And yesterday we were supposed to meet Cardinal Schonborn of Austria, but he did not show up either. Anyway, we have had our frustrations, but we are doing fine (as long as the Pope does not cancel).

We are coming back on Tuesday in the evening. And just so everyone knows, I leave Saturday, the 27th for school. I would like to talk to you guys and show you some pictures before I leave. Anyway, I gotta go. See you soon.

Long Live the Pope!

11 comments:

Tom said...

It is great to hear from you, Ben.

Anthony never did call me to have a CSI party at the rectory. Oh well.

Where should we meet to talk and look at pictures?

Adam said...

you guys could meet in Cologne

Sarah said...

oh so that's when your coming back, i've had 50 people asking me when you people when you were getting back.

Tom said...

Adam, good thing I knew you were kidding.

Adam said...

Ben if you are ever on the internet again in Germany and happen to read this. Did you get a good picture of the Pope? I saw you during the seminarians thing on EWTN. As Pope Bennedict XVI was walking to the Church we saw you tower above all the other people (well at least your head was over everyone elses.) Too bad you didn't get to be closer like all those others. You were probably one of the tallest people at the seminarians thing. You had your characteristic grin on your face like when you first found out he was Pope.

Tom said...

Adam, did you happen to tape it?

Adam said...

yes

Tom said...

That is sweet.

Adam said...

i just found out Ben shook his hand too!

Marnee said...

Ahhhh!! Ben Shook His hand! That is the most awesome thing ever ever ever. :)

Marnee said...

Does that sound farmiliar Ben? :)