Monday, September 12, 2005

this is john

Since Ben and John seem unable to master the art of posting, i will do it for them:

Well, this is my second post since I got here (Florida), so I'll try to recap my current situation.

I got here safely(duh) and I've been in classes for about a week. There is a ton of reading to do for each class. For instance, I have 9 books of the Iliad to read every week, for the next three weeks or so. That translates to more than 100 pages a week. Than I have to study Latin, which is not too bad right now, but there is a decent amount of memorazation (spelling error). Than History is a lot of reading, about 50 pages or so. Than there is Math. My easiest class so far, about all of the homework we have for that class is to read a intranet(not internet, Kenric you should understand this) site our teacher made. That about covers the basics of schoolwork.

On to my social life(ha, ha, ha, I kill me!, social life). My roommates are very cool, and as I spend most of my life in my room I see them the most. Their names are, Meguiel (I hope i came close), Trystan, and Tim. Meguiel is by far the oldest of us all. He is 23 and this is his first year here. He wants to become a Theologian, and me and have had many long argumentsover a broad range of topics. Trystan is a homeschooler and is very bright. He is often involved in arguments in our room as well, though, lately he has not been isn the room very much. Mostly because he talks to his girlfriend over the internet alot. Tim rounds out our band. He is a Lit major. He tends to be quieter than the rest of us, when we get into discussions, but he still jumps in often. And we have had many discussion of our own, because we are the ones who go to sleep the earliest. As you can see we talk a lot in our room, and I'm learning a lot from all of them.

Finaly, on the rest of the college. The food here is very good. Whoever says that cafeteria food sucks has not eaten at Ave Maria. At noon and six everyone says the Angelus. Everyone in the cafeteria will stop eating, and pray. The campus is very small, maybe three blocks from one end to the other, and perhaps a block wide. Those three blocks can seem like mile when you have to walk from one side of campus to the other in the heat of the midday sun, and when the humidity makes you feel as though you are breathing sand.

Well, that is my experience at Ave Maria so far. I will try to keep up on the blog as much as posible, with my homework and the play I'm helping with. Sorry this post is so long, but that is as brief as I could be and explain things.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

go sarah, u teach em how to do it

Tom said...

I bet they have their reasons.

xnyero, reminds me of zero, well that was the first thing that came to mind.

Sarah said...

yeah just as long as they get the point

Sarah said...

john i just realized that you said "alot" which is really two words 'a' and 'lot'. our wrting teacher yelled at us for making this mistake, and using plural modifiers with singular nouns...

Jenn said...

we learned about alot/a lot in 6th or 7th grade. mrs dodd... it was a spelling word lol. give a plural mod. w/ sing. noune ex. (ok i think i've been taking too many notes lately)

krustacianken said...

yeah, and then there's mrs shauver. "A SPACE L..O..T!!!"

Sarah said...

yeah i used that spelling for a while, but i think someone told me it was wrong in like yeah 7th grade