Monday, September 12, 2005

this is ben

If you didn't read the intro to "john's post' do so now.


Well Sarah, I just got done responding to your e-mail. I've been on retreat since Tuesday so I haven't really been here long anyway. Things are going well though. I have a great roommate who is in to St. Therese, so that pumped me up. Also, Fr. Baer is currently teaching us new guys the art of a productive holy hour. It's awesome. He's currently working on our meditation skills which includes reading, for example, a verse in the bible, connecting it to similar verses, and gathering Christ's full teaching on, say, chastity. It's quite amazing. Let's say you are studying the beatitudes. Well, you take the first one, "blessed are the poor in spirit, for their's is the kingdom of heaven." You break down the sentence and note what stands out. For example, this beatitude must, in some way, carry a higher significance because Christ chose to mention it first. Also, Christ used the posessive, "their's", which, as you can probably gather is quite a statement when speaking about heaven. Anyway, I'm kind of rambling on so I will stop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, and I just finished Brideshead Revisitied on Monday...best...novel...ever (period)

Sarah said...

YES it is, ha told you all so. seriously it is awesome.
i really hope ben wasn't being sarcastic