Monday, June 20, 2005

My Work Thus Far...

This is my long and serious post, Sarah.

But can anything be serious about work? I mean, why would anyone write about what happens at work, something that I dread? But this is an exception.

Before I get into depth, I would like to clarify something with Jennifer. Jennifer, that person who was singing while working at your house is my uncle. But there is another person who told me that he sang once while working on your house. He said he started singing to a song that he thought was actually a CD or something but really it was you.

Ok, anyway. Two of my co-workers are Christians, not saying that the others aren't, but they always discuss Bible verses and their Bible studies. I was actually suprised that they talk about that stuff at work. But yeah, one of them, I will just call him by his real name, Casey, is always quoting the Bible. Whenever someone would question Casey, he would back his opinions through the Bible. And he also doesn't drink, which I think is pretty cool because he is of legal age, but still doesn't. I haven't asked if him what he is, but I don't think he is Catholic. I think he is Protestant, because they are good at the Bible, right?

Just feel free to talk about this stuff and any questions or whatever. If you have any thoughts, go ahead and tell them.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do you work? You probably told me but I don't remember

Unknown said...

Oh Hey! I guess I could tell you guys, since you are pretty much all from Fowler. I will be living there pretty soon with Mathias, Anthony Strouse (seminarian, I think he was there last summer???), and of course Fr. Tim.

Just thought you might like to know. But it probably won't be for a couple of weeks.

Ok bye.

Tom said...

I work for my brother Mike in contruction. MIKE, CONTRUCTION. We are shingling The First Baptist Church in St. Johns right now.

Great in two ways, 1. you just ruined my topic, but I guess it does have to do with work and religion, so I take back what I said (but I decided to type it anyway) and 2. I get to see you more? (At Mass anyway) Dang!

Jenn said...

u told them that i told u i heard the guys singing?! geez, way to go tom. u know.. they r coming back soon to put in a new window. so it was your uncle singing? thats cute. and someone thought i was a cd? well i was listening to music and singing along... so i guess it was kind of a CD... altho really it was music on my computer.

Tom said...

Yeah I did. I actually told only Casey.

We are? Great. Now I have to be weird and look through the window and sing.

My uncle, for some reason, knows a lot of songs. He would occassionaly say the words before they even are said in the song.

Casey heard music so he decided to sing along, and he didn't know you were singing as well.

Tom said...

What are we doing tonight by the way? You guys said we should do something.

Sarah said...

ben!! ahhh you are getting old, moving out!!
though i guess jennifer and kenric are old men.
yeah i need a job, besides the ark, and yes we need to do something tonight. Good luck on your job tom.

Unknown said...

Hey! Let's do something tonight.

Rachael said...

Ben, that's awesome!!

Sarah said...

ok guys, what should we do?
I'm going to st johns with marnee at fourish , but after we should do something

Marnee said...

Tom you need to come tonight, and bring anything for dessert hobo pies. Plus any pepperonis if you have some. It's at 7, you have no excuses.

Tom said...

Casey also doesn't want to see movies with any bad scenes in them. I said I was going to see Batman Begins with friends and then the next day he asked if there was anything in it for him to not go see it. Well, that is somewhat recent. I am done now.

Jenn said...

how old is casey?

Tom said...

He is 23.