Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Little Help From My Friends

Over at my blog, I just made a post asking for some help. I figure that posting it on this blog may be a little more convenient for all of you who live here (Tom). So here's part of the post, if you care to read the rest, click here. Thanks.

So here's the deal: With the transition from to a new youth minister that will be happening in our parish at the beginning of July, as well as the opening of our youth center's east wing (you can see some pictures here), I proposed an implementation of a regular prayer plan for some the parish's dedicated adults that would be focused solely on the youth of the parish and the youth program.

I am asking for a little help from whoever is willing to give. If you know of a good layout for such a schedule (I was considering one prayer a day, for an entire month - with a new prayer each month - each month would focus on a different part of the youth program), please drop me a comment. Also, I would very much appreciate any suggestions for prayers that should be used, but I would prefer that they be written by a saint or some other religious.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah that would be good, another thing i could think of off the top of my head would be have a different person pray for a different aspect of the Ark every day. That can work pretty well, but you'd have to have it organized ( where's that Marnzipan) other wise it could get pretty confusing.

Unknown said...

With the prayer schedule that I am currently thinking of using, your idea would work. You would have 12 differnt prayer schedules, and 12 groups using them. The prayers would be arranged differently for each of the 12. So, on every day of, say, July, each groups would be praying for a differnt aspect. The only problem is that I don't know whether I should build the schedule around the regular calendar or the liturgical calendar. That's kind of where I need some insights from you guys. Thanks Sarah.

Sarah said...

i would say regular calendar, just because it would be easier...i don't really know the liturgical calendar all that well.