Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Whoot!

Alright, this is John rejoicing, life is officially good. Not to say it was bad, but I'm officially out of the danger zone. As of a few hours ago I am a full time employee of Portage city for the next few months. John is no longer a poor sap who is a barnacle on the under belly of society, slowing down the ship and sucking up valuable resources while contributing nothing. No, this is the case no longer, I shall now be a value adding particpant in the world, making sure that our streets are free of leaves! I can now buy food without fear that I wouldn't be able to pay rent. I no longer have to stay awake at night deciding who I would rather not pay, Dad or the government. I have an income now, and more importantly, something to do all day. Sitting around with nothing to do sounds like fun, but it gets old after awhile. And with that said, I bid you adu.

4 comments:

Tom said...

John, I have my phone fixed (or I have a new one) so call me up sometime, because I lost everyone's numbers.

Actually you could still be in the danger zone if you are in front of a bus.

Sarah said...

leaf picker upper...sounds like a career lol. have fun buying stuff with out fear....if you were a girl you would go on a shopping spree...and buy tons of clothes...but alas you will spend all your extra money on chocolate flavored peanut butter.

Adam said...

i know this is an unrelated topic, but could you people please pray for my former guitar teacher's brother who has a chance that he might die

Marnee said...

Congrats John! I'm glad you now have something to do and don't have to worry about your money source depleting. What kind of hours is that? What days? Okay, I just can't help it, now that you have a job, I can think of a whole list of opprotunities that opens up to you:
1) You can spend money on food without fear, and therefore can afford more healthy food that what you have been living on for the past couple months.
2) You can pay for your parking meters now
3) You will have something to do all day.
4) You will have something productive to do all day, and now all those Physics lectures will be a pleasant bonus for your free time.
5) You can now enjoy the occurence of free time.
6) you can afford more gas to come and visit us more often
7) You will get to work with lots of beautiful leaves

No wonder you are so happy to be employed!! lol Oh wait, now you have to pay more taxes too...oh well, I'll not rain on your parade.