Monday, October 23, 2006

hola

The last few weeks I have been hearing all kinds of things that I find confusing. First there was someone who told me that Graphic Design didn't pay well and not to go into it. Then someone told me that it is not a "hot" field right now. Someone else told me that they were told by a career guidance person that it was a 'hot' field. My aunt is in graphic design and she was making around $35 an hour when she used to work full time....in fact when she tried to quit, her boss paid for setup in her house so that she could still do work while at home. Dad says that it all depends on how good you are. Part of me just wants to quit and go into an easy money career like nursing where I know I would be good and wouldn't have a problem finding a job. But another part of me says "screw the critics, I'll be good if I have to draw 50 hands and 500 buildings a day." I will get a job....will...
Or I could just go be a missionary in some third world country...so many options....I wish that God just dropped a letter from the sky that had the instructions for your life written on it. I want to follow his will... but I don't know what it is...I just guess and go with what seems right...mmmm that sounds highly subjective...anyways art...graphic design...just seems right. Even if it doesn't make sense all the time. Of course there is always the fear in the back of my mind that I am just doing what I want and ignoring all the signs telling me to go in the opposite direction.
This has been your "Sarah is thinking out loud and putting it into writing for the whole world to see" session. Hope you enjoyed it.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

u... a nurse? thats just weird.

krustacianken said...

you dont seem nice enough to be a nurse. haha. "what? that hurts? how can that possibly hurt? you're just missing a limb. everyone gets limbs cut off sometimes. honestly, just get over it". im joking sarah......sort of. anyway, i feel like that sometimes. like, why cant God just tell me exactly what career or what not i should do and then i could go from there perfectly happy and working hard at it because its what im supposed to be doing.

Tom said...

if only you had glasses Sarah, you would like better as a libriarn as Jennifer said, right?

Adam said...

you would make a good librarian (no o fence)i think i'm going to be the guy who sits on park benches and feeds the pigeons (feeds them poison bwahahaha)

Sarah said...

a librarian isn't a career adam and tom...it's not like you go to college for four years to be a librarian...lol unless you are a super nerd. Yeah Kenric I actaully am not nice enough to be a nurse. Although I think that I could do like ER or surgery stuff...those people are always bitchy.

Marnee said...

It sounds like you are on the right path. I mean, you are trying to follow God's will and this is where it has led you. besides, even if you go into graphic design and somehow don't land a really awesome highpaying job, it doesn't mean there aren't other jobs out there you can do for your main source of income. You have good work experience, you will have a good education, and considering how much you like art, I really don't think you will regret going into it and learning all the great things you are going to learn. Plus, as far as money, your costs are not going to be too bad, especially considering where you started out and where you are going. Also, I think she (my fellow secretary) went to a very expensive school. lol...KENRIC I loved your comment and just so you know, you almost caused me to make a scene and laugh out loud in the computer lab. lol it is also funny how I am writing this only a few feet away from Sarah. It's like there is some sort of taboo against talking or even comunicating with people you know in here...well, this is a very long comment, it should practically be a post.

Jenn said...

yeah, sarah.. i'm actually pretty sure that u can go to college to be a librarian...