Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What's up with this?

Alright guys, driven priniciply by the fact that no one has made a half decent post, let alone apost in a while, and because I haven't seen or spoken to any of you in a while I'm making a post. I'm also going to tell you all what I'm doing because it'll fill some space. I think I got a job (thats right, I'm still unemployed. "how is the rent getting payed?" you ask. Well... I don't know but it seems to and I'm still alive), but any way I think I got a job. Fall leave pick-up. I'll be that guy who works for the city carrying a leave blower and riding on the back of a garbage truck picking up leaves, but its a 7-3 kinda job only five days a week which means plenty of time to go on awsome trips and hang out in the evenings with my girlfriend.

Thats a picture of her too, we went to a doughnut shop and that doughnut she's holding is about the size of a dinner plate. Her name be Christine Venner, and I'm trying to get her to come out to Fowler to meet ya'll. She's game, it just that she actually has a life and things to do, unlike me.
So now I'm going to post another picture... This one'll work,

we were making puppy chow in her room. We didn't use a recipe, so we didn't knwo how much sugar to use. It turns out that you only need, like, two cups, but we used almost the whole bag.
And I just remembered some fun stories. Right now I'm not a student as you all know, but Christine is, and she gets all sorts of e-mails about coloqium talks. She doesn't like to goto these (or more specificly she'ld rather do homework) so she tells me about them and go (they aren't mandatory or anything, I just think they are so cool). So, I'm going to the talks with titles like "auto-ionizing states and their relevance to ion-electron interactions" and others that I don't recall. But so first off it's funny that I'm going because even the students don't go, but to top it off I keep showing up at the receptions and these people are so cool about it. I'm standing around talking to professors and the chair of the physics department and they ask things like, "what classes are you in?", or "how long have you been and western?", and I just laugh and say, "I'm not even a student". Then the best one was when I went ou to dinner at Olive Garden after one of these talks with a bunch of professors, graduate students, and a visiting proffesor from Berlin. I had so much fun, these people are so freeking smart.
And now I'm goign to throw down some song lyrics because it reminds me of dancing in the park, and then take off because I'm in the library and I'm expecting a call from Christine in a sec.

it's her hair and her eyes today
that just simply take me away
and the feeling that i'm falling further in love
makes me shiver but in a good way
all the times i have sat and stared
as she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair
and she purses her lips, bats her eyes as she plays,
with me sitting there slack-jawed and nothing to say
coz i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
cause it's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea
but i'd rather be here than on land
yes she's all that i see and she's all that i need
and i'm out of my league once again

Great song; Out of my league by stephen speaks

8 comments:

Sarah said...

well...sorry homework, like my last post said, is taking over my life.I don't have time to write. That is cool that you have finally settled down somewhat...and congrats on the girlfriend !...she seems cool and we'll definately have to meet her. ( marnee and i should take credit lol..with our great "advice") J/K anyways have fun going to school in a school that you aren't enrolled in. Wait... hold it you made puppy chow? Do you have a puppy? I don't think that you'd make a good dog owner...maybe a cat.

krustacianken said...

he was talking the chex mix stuff. that stuff is sooooooo good. anyway, glad to hear stuff is going good for you Mr. Novak. thats hilarious about the hanging out with the professors, and random too.

krustacianken said...

i made a new post.

Tom said...

John, I couldn't call you because my cell phone is getting fixed. Not like I would call you though. Haha.

John Novak said...

well tom, I'ld never expect you to call, so no worries.

Marnee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marnee said...

you do sound "in over your head," but not in a bad way...now that I've met your wonderful girl, it looks like you've made a good pick. lol but it still cracks me up that you could go from the famous seminarian to the devoted boyfriend in about 2 months. Oh well, I guess it's good you didn't stay at seminary!
So what did you do Saturday night? I am assuming Fr. Tim helped you out, since the Wohlfert grapevine reported spoting you guys with hime this morning.

John Novak said...

Your assumption is correct, Fr. Tim gave us residence for the evening. I was really quite surprised since over the summer the rule was, "no women in the biulding unless they are blood relatives", but Fr. Tim offered to let her stay the night. Although I suppose I put him on the spot, it was 12:30 in the morning and he couldn't exactly turn us away.