Wednesday, April 19, 2006

So I'm here at work...chillin' while my data model processes. My face is having an allergic reaction to something. It's swollen, really red, itchy and hot on one side and spreading! I've never had a reaction to anything, so it's freaking me out. What do you do when you have a reaction? Just stick it out and wait till it goes away? If I smile, it feels weird. Anyway, I'll leave soon.
What I really want to post about...I'm trying to get into better shape, just to be healthy, but being healthy (and fitting into my summer clothes!) isn't a good enough incentive for me. Anyone want to train for a half-marathon/triathalon/duathalon with me?? Seriously! I've always wanted to and I think it would be great if I could be in on it with a couple of other people. I could probably even settle for just a 5K (3.1 mi) if people wanted to. See, the object wouldn't be to compete in these races, most people don't, they just do it for themselves. Completing the race is an accomplishment in itself. And we would have at least 3 months to prepare which is quite awhile. I've found some cool races both in Wyoming and in Michigan. Or Sleepy Hollow is holding the Lansing Legislator triathalon and half-triathalon again mid-August so that would be cool too. They even have these things called adventure races that are like marathon camping/hikin/biking/mapping even rock climbing races through the wilderness. Anyway, any takers for some physical activity?

19 comments:

Rachael said...

huh huh any takers??

Jenn said...

wouldnt that only be up for kenric and sarah, since they will be the ones with u? not that i want to do it...

Tom said...

Yeah, Jennifer is right.

If you weren't so stinkin' far away, I would. Since I run 2 5K races each year anyway.

Sarah said...

yeah i would do it...i'd have to catch up with you tho...i've never really jogged or anything before.

Rachael said...

no it's not only for sarah and kenric, there will be plenty of races when we get back in august. or if you guys came out and visited...

Rachael said...

huah!! (HOO-UH!) guys, i just got my last essay back that i'm using on portfolio and my teacher said it would get a 4.0 with some revisions. you have no idea how relieved i am! now...i just need to fight off this sore throat so i can do my talk on friday that's now grown to 45 minutes.

Tom said...

we have our own jobs as well, dude.

Sarah said...

YES!!!!!!

Tom said...

hey, Pewamo and Westphalia have 5ks. Westphalia even has a 5 mile run.

Jenn said...

there will be races when u get back but if u r looking for a training partner... yeah. so when do u kids get back n e ways?

Tom said...

Daniel, you have been running? Well that doesn't suprise me, since you will be a better runner compared to everyone else at P-W. Even though it wouldn't really work, you should be in baseball and track.

Sarah said...

we are coming back at least by the 18th of august...probably earlier

Rachael said...

no, they don't physically have to train with me as long as i have some mental support :D

Rachael said...

i'll need some emotional support too ;)

Rachael said...

and spell my name right daniel...even tom can do that.

Rachael said...

no dan-yell, i don't study each post that you put on here. gosh. you think i don't automatically realize it when someone spells my name wrong?? and you could only hope that i stalk you.

Jenn said...

um.. i think u should learn how to correctly spell the word "dumb" before you try to convince people that you aren't "domb."

Rachael said...

daniel, i was joking about the whole stalking thing. anyway, i don't dislike you or think you're dumb, it always seems like you think you're too cool to talk to me or something.

Sarah said...

no it's not...and daniel you misunderstood what i meant...i didn't mean that i never wanted you guys to hang out with us...i just thought that there could be a little more space...like all the teasing about people liking each other when they clearly don't...it's just weird...and i mostly meant that i thought it would be weird if you guys went on the anti-prom thing. I mean think about it. we are all 1st and 2nd year college students and you guy are all either juniors or barely in high school...it is a little strange sometimes.and really daniel..it's 'dumb' not 'domb'