Wednesday, September 20, 2006

howdy...

So I had to do this report on spanking...Sweden banned it in 1979..weird...yet 26% of parents in that country still practice it, or at least that was the number that admitted to it. The article we had to read annoyed me because it was trying to argue that because Sweden is "progressive" in matters such as marriage, sex, and taxation...they must be right about spanking too. I mean clearly any belief that is progressive is right. Anything old and non-progressive smacks of the primative and is automatically wrong. duh...idiots...
Well anyways, I really don't get why I can write a 3 or 4 page paper for this class in less than an hour...and yet I still have to spend hours writing english papers of the same length...it makes no sense.

7 comments:

Tom said...

Hey we talked about spanking and pariental disicipline techingues like "While you are under this roof, everything I say is right" kind of deal. Or others like "who cares, do whatever you want."

Jenn said...

we talked about spanking and such in my human growth and development class last year. i wouldnt spank... but i was just raised that way... and i know that kenric and rachael probably r thinking that i was raised to be disrespectful to my parents and to do whatever i want.. but oh well, i guess i wasn't raised right. i'm going to continue my families tradition of not spanking becuase... i think spanking isnt the best method... it may work... but i dont think its the best method. AND i know that a lot of parents spank better than others. but yeah, thats my two or three cents worth.

Tom said...

for some reason, after reading your comment, I feel as though we have talked about this before, at least Jennifer saying what she just said, like a deja vu or something.

Sarah said...

i probably would spank, but only as a last resort..like you talk to the kid, give them a time out, then spank if they still won't listen...although with little kids sometimes you have to spank just because they aren't rational. They don't understand why they can't do something, like stick stuff in outlets, unless you give them a really good reason like. " do that again and you get spanked"

krustacianken said...

smacks. never had that cereal.

Jenn said...

mm, i love honey smacks... mmmm

Adam said...

you can right a paper on this easy because you know what to write. English is dumb so you don't want to right about it because you have to think hard. As a very intelligent person once said, "I don't need english.I'm never going to England"