Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Money and Lights...

Well, today was very interesting after mass.

I went to the computer lab and then decided to go eat, so I started eating around 1:00 in the TLC lounge area. I was about done with my lunch when somene walked in and asked me for money. He didn't threaten me or anything you guys are thinking of. He said he needed money for, I forgot what he needed it for, but I decided to give him 5 dollars, but I only had a 20, so I went to get change. And then he told me he would pray for me, after I gave it to him. Hopefully, he really needed the money, and not cheating me. But I felt kind enough to give it to him. And then, I read some Harry Potter before I took my math test. And then I paid for my classes, and coming out of the building, I finally saw the "smoke tent" or whatever, which I didn't see until today. And also (keep the post going, Tom), why do they have signs all over saying LCC is a "Smoke Free" campus, when really it isn't. The Campus, includes the walkways too, right? So that is so dumb. Anyway, that is all I have to say, besides Rachael is mean.

6 comments:

Marnee said...

When I was in St. Johns the other day a guy came up to me and said he needed money for gas, since his car had broken down. It was weird to encounter in outside of Lansing, so it caught me off guard. I was talking to John on the phone and so I just gave him $5 also and continued on. As you said, I hope he was being honest, but I'll probably never know.
Interesting...

Tom said...

But when I told him I only had a 20 dollar bill, he said we could go to Gibson's to get change, but I was kind of getting scared at that point, because, like why do you need to go Gibson's to just get change, when there is many places like the coffee place to receive change.

That reminds me, I tried making change in OC, because I forgot to bring change along to school, but they wouldn't make change for me unless I bought something. That was mean.

Sarah said...

yeah my aunt has told me all about people trying to jip money off of her ( she lives in chicago) that's a pretty common ploy...but yeah i mean what if the person does really need it....altho if he says he will pray for you that's kind of weird...i mean like they are trying too hard to look honest...

Rachael said...

what, i'm mean? what did i do?

Rachael said...

o, ic, it's because i didn't want to hear you arguing...

Tom said...

Well, I sure hope he was telling the truth.