Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Update From Florida

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post earlier like I said I would, but I had a lot of studying for midterms.

My last few weeks have been very tiring. I've been studying an awful lot lately, so if my writing is a little off don't hold it against me. I just took two midterms today and I think I did well. I think I aced my math test, and I think i did alright on my histrory test.

as for my academic standings as of just before my midterms they are: A- in Math, A- in Latin, C in Lit, and around a C in History. As you can see I need to get a few of my scores up, but these numbers are only a small percentige of my grades.

Now for the bigest thing on my mind. as you guys may or may not know a Catergory 5 hurricane called Wilma is schedueled to hit Naples on Sunday. it is the most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic. It is currently over the Yukatan peninsula in Mexico. I will probably be coming home over the weekend to avoid this hurricane, but I'm not entirely sure. Keep me in your prayers, as I'm a little nervious about all this. And if my luck holds I'll see you guys in a few days.

Thats about it for me.

See ya soon (maybe)

John W.

12 comments:

krustacianken said...

john, that would be such a coincedence if you happened to come home this weekend. ben, as you know, is also coming home. yeah, i heard about that on talk radio (the best radio). i hope you are safe whether you stay in florida or fly home, and we will be keeping you in our prayers.

Jenn said...

yeah, ben is coming home and john is coming home... and someone else is having a special weekend too.. but... who coudl that be? oh i'm sure it doesnt matter.

Sarah said...

JENNIFER IS HAVING A BIRTHDAY!!!!!
and in case you didn't get that...
JENNIFER'S BIRTHDAY IS ON SATURDAY!!!!!
stupid kenric....
and talk radio sucks...
and john, we will pray that your beautiful college doesn't get recked...man that would be bad..it's one of the few really good catholic colleges left...and oh yeah we will pray that you stay safe too...lol

Tom said...

John, good luck, man. Saturday might be a good day.

Marnee said...

This weekend will be an extravaganza! We should all meet somewhere and have a crazy fiesta in our traditional style.
Happy almost 19th birthday Jennifer! Wow, are you starting to feel old? What will you do when you are finally 19? It's funny how people always ask questions like that. Hey, do you want to go to Europe? If so, where? We were thinking Ireland or Italy, or somewhere. Ideas? (It probably has to start with an 'I' as you can see)

Marnee said...

Oh and John, you better come home. If you don't we will probably mob you, since we are finding more and more reasons that it would be awesome (not to mention that you have already been away for like two months, and that is long enough).

krustacianken said...

go to Istambul

Unknown said...

Just so you know, I am only available during the afternoon until 7:00. So if anyone would like to go out to lunch or something, I would be up for it. Also, I will be at mass Saturday morning in Fowler, so if anybody plans on being at that mass, we can chat after words.

krustacianken said...

john, you need to come home even if the hurricane doesnt hit florida or isn't bad.

John W said...

Guys, I'm comming home at 11:00 pm Friday.

John W said...

I'll be flying into Lansing.

Tom said...

John, remember what I told you to do.