Thursday, March 08, 2007

longings

my roommate was broken up with tonight and it stinks. i feel so bad for her. the feeling of being broken up with completely came back to me and i can remember it too well. i don't even know what to say to comfort her. i've just been trying to be around...and not going out so that she isn't here alone. tonight i went out for a walk (yes, it's safe enough to do that).

the night was mysteriously peaceful. i don't even know what it was. something about the cool air that made me feel like i could sing faintly into the quietness. the stars were out and there was no wind. everything was just quiet...except for my voice singing to God. and i was in a hoodie with no coat freezing and everything was wonderful.


4 comments:

Rachael said...

p.s. the night made me miss home and all of you.

Tom said...

thanks, Rachael. That is another compliment.

Sorry, I can't feel what your roommate is feeling. I have yet to go on a date.

Sarah said...

that is sad. breaking up is hard. though like tom i wouldn't know. yeha peaceful nights are awesome. speaking of awesome. I went hiking in the Smoky Mountains with my family on thursday. It was a shorter, easy trail but there were all kinds of waterfalls and it was pretty. Made me miss yellowstone.

Rachael said...

you were in the smoky mountains!! lucky!! i am so antsy to get out and go somewhere with mountainss.