Thursday, December 21, 2006

A simple request... to plan ahead

Alrighty, I was at home last sunday. It was a little after noon, and I received a phone call from none other than Marney. The request was simple, "wouldest thou be inclined to travle great distances to come hither for a social gathering?" The clincher: its in a few hours. The real clincher: I live a few hours away. I do apreciate that you thought of me and invited me, and I do know that history tells us that I do not plan ahead and do things on the spur of the moment, and that resonablity has no room with me, but I still feel as if I have some small room to hassle you for contacting me so late. If I was someone other I would think that perhaps you didn't realy want me to come at all, and you waited untill the last second to invite me just to seem curtious, just as a wise man offers to help his wife with the dishes just as she finises.
Actually I don't care it was an honest try. And just in case anyone is wondering I'm curently living in the basement of my girlfriends parents house. And you can try to invite me again, but on saturday I'm getting on a plane to goto California, then to Canada.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

tru dat... i got the message after i was supposed to be there... and i had plans.

Tom said...

No new post yet?

I am ashamed of you.

Sarah said...

well john...they always plan things at the last minute..i get calls at work..."um when do you get out"
" Um at 4"
" Great! we are all meeting at 4:15, bring a dish to pass"
"Right"
So don't feel bad...
Oh and Marnee's name is spelled "M-A-R-N-E-E"
We don't hate you or anything( I feel like I am talking to Ben)

krustacianken said...

Dear J-Novak,
We will be doing something for new years. We aren't sure what, but we will be doing something. You are more than welcome to join us.

Marnee said...

John, you need to live closer to us, that way when we make last minute plans (like we usually do) you can be included.
Yeah, that was some pretty late notice, but it was worth a try.
Like Kenric said, you are invited to New Years Eve. However it sounds like you will be having crazy parties in California at that time.
I think we will probably have a get together before everyone leaves for college again...like in the first week of January..what do you think, guys? So keep all that time clear and we will try to plan things early...:) Also Christine of course, in case I ever forget to officially invite her.

John Novak said...

Okay, I got the invite for the newyears thing. I didn't want to call back because I'm in Canada now (I'm way over in British Columbia, so not close to home...) and calling international is expensive. Thank you though...

Jenn said...

hey! new post! (i didn't want to let Tom down and not tell u all)