Monday, February 25, 2008

Bariloche


Ours is the boat on the right.

The view from Bariloche.


The bus ride back to San Rafael from Bariloche.



From Campamento S.A.C.




Town Square in Bariloche.





Bosque Arrayanes






View from Cerro Campanario







There is not much going on here on the site, so I thought I would upload some pictures and make it more interesting. Also because Bariloche is so beautiful, you just have to see the pictures. I´d put them all here, but that would take up too much space. I hope you enjoy them (by the way, for anyone who is thinking about a honeymoon spot, I think this one would be pretty great....don´t really know why I decided that, but just because it is so cool). Maddi and I went there on a "vacation" for four days and everywhere we went was had such a great view! We went to the Bosque Arrayanes (the orange trees), took a boat accross the lake Nahuel Huapi (that in the center has ice for a bottom and if you fall in there you could freeze to death really fast), took a ski lift like ride to Cerro Campanario (the top of a mountain), and relaxed on Isla Victoria (me sitting on a half tree in the water, which is Lake Nahuel Huapi - pronounced nawell oowapee).

6 comments:

Marta Ager said...

Barriloche! Very nice!

Today: In Seven said...

Such lovely photos. Came on your site via blogger and I just want to say keep it up!

Tom said...

Well, I will have the first non-spam message.

Looking like the place is alright.

John W said...

Marnee, those pictures are awesome.

Christy said...

Marnee, I found your blog when I was researching information about mission work with the SSVM sisters. I'm thinking about maybe giving it a try in '09.

I have contacted Mother Lumen Christi with an email but I was wanting to get some info from you. How old were you when you went? What type of stuff were the sisters looking for in a volunteer? What was the process in getting started? About how much spanish did you know before you went?

I also saw on the Ark website that you were in Argentina. Mother Lumen Christi had mentioned that it was $20 a night to live in a house there. Were there other options? What did you do? Did they pay for food and what not? Also were you there for a whole year? I was also told you could only stay up to 6 months.

Did you have the choice of what country you went to or was it wherever you were needed? And did they pick you up when you arrived in country?

Sorry for the massive comment. I was just really excited to see that you had a blog about your experience. If you wish you could email me at chgnad@yahoo.com. Thank you so much.

Christy

Marnee said...

Hi Christy,
I emailed you about your questions. I hope you received it!

God Bless,
Marnee