Wednesday, January 31, 2007

RIP

by the time you read this, it'll probably all be over, but as I type, Shvown is taking his last fishy gulps of water. He's dieing. It's kinda sad. He hasn't been eating normal for about a month and the conclusion was that held "get hungry and start, or die". well... judging by the large bump on his side and his preponsity to floating to the top and laying on his side, I think this is the end.

As a matter of irony, my fish family expanded two nights ago with the purchase of two gold fish, promptly named Oscar and Wilde. For the record Shvown hated them and while the plan was to share a tank, seeing as he tried to rip them apart through the glass, we decided otherwise for the health and wellbeing of Oscar Wilde.

A few last words about Shvown, a "eugueguly" if you will.
He was a good fish. A small fish. An angry fish, but then again he was a fighting fish. Shvown I will miss you bright red color and unnecesary shows of aggression, and I know it will make you unhappy Shvown, but I'm sure that the goldfish will be happier without you around to scare them.

Shvown, rest in peace, and sleep with the fishes.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

well i pretty much think that it is great that you named your fish oscar and wilde. I will always remember shvown as the boy fish with the girl name....

John Novak said...

I don't get it, he's still alive.... I came back to my room last night and he was still kicking, and the same this morning, and now he seems almost okay... almost... I still think he's floating, he's gotta keep working to stay down...

Sarah said...

john what have you been putting in his water?