Sunday, June 11, 2006

We're still alive I guess?








Hey, I guess I haven't posted in awhile, so it's about time. Thought I'd let you know I'm doing well out here. I love my job, the people and the environment. Almost every chance I get within reason, I go hiking. I've included some pictures of hikes. On my last weekend, I went with some people from the Lake House where I work on a 13 mile hike through Black Canyon. It was a great hike, but it was tough because my pack weighed about 40 pounds and I wasn't used to the weight. The others didn't pack enough water, so we had to filter some. The water was the tastiest, most chillin mountain snow runoff water I've ever had!
Ok, so the first picture is of a hike that Sarah went on with me and my co-workers. We ended up 8 miles away from where we thought we would be and there were bear prints all the heck over the place. To scare off the bears, we sang the whole way and took this crazy picture. Ooo we also forded a small river because we're just sweet like that.
Lets see, the second picture is of the campsite we stayed at in Black Canyon. There was a waterfall about 50 yds. down, so we watched the stars come out while we went to sleep to the sound of water...it was wondrous. Hehe, great word.
Third picture, me with some people hiking to Shoshone Lake. The last picture is of someone I went hiking to Fairy Falls with. We were crazy and climbed up the side of a cliff, seriously. On the way up, I was using a rock about the size of a basketball to pull myself up, it came loose and almost fell on the guy that I was hiking with. On the way back down, I fell about 5 feet and scraped up my legs pretty bad. Good times. At the top, we found hidden falls that no one else sees and sat at the edge of the waterfall pondering life. Further on on the trail, this crazy guy did a breakdancing flip thing over a boiling mudpot and almost died. This is the same guy that told a van full of British people that he just proposed to me and I said no. Weird. The British people proceeded to give me their advice on marriage and asked us to send them a wedding invitation. Yeah, it was great.
Anyway, I hope you're all doing excellent. Keep me in your prayers. I'm having a sweet time out here, but there's so much evangelizing that needs to be done! And of course, I keep ya'll guys in my prayers! Send me out some burned cds if you want...I could use some songs...and Tom, enough of the "this is what guys look like when they see Rachael." Yup. God bless and peace on earth.

11 comments:

Tom said...

Hey, I am procastinating right now in my online class. I am glad you guys are having more fun than us.

And do your coworkers know that you call them coworkers?

Rachael said...

huh?? what do you mean? should i call them my friends, yes, probably, but i wanted ya'll to know that they were people from my work. tom, do you know that you haven't changed?

Jenn said...

looks like a nice place. tom, we should do something for you birthday+1month celebration. is there another terrible kid's movie coming out that all of u guys woudl want to see?

Tom said...

What? Over the Steve wasn't a bad movie what so ever, and I think Cars are already out.

Having changed meaning the sense of being pessimistic for saying you are having more fun than us, even though I may be right?

Or correcting you and saying you should call your coworkers your buddies instead. Because buddies is by far the best thing to call your people who you work with. I am just telling you Rachael, that they might not like it, just like mine.

Rachael said...

shut up tom.

Tom said...

ok, Rachael, I can't really understand what you are trying to say unless you tell me.

Rachael said...

you don't know that my buddies are my coworkers...so i thought i'd tell you by calling them coworkers. in reality, yes, they are my coworkers and buddies- more importantly, buddies, but for the sake of non-stoner (yellowstoner that is) understanding, i called them coworkers. understand?

Tom said...

I understand.

Sarah said...

good grief tom...yeah i am sad today because someone else i know got fired for underage drinking...happens quite often here...oh yeah i went with some people and saw a rodeo in Cody...pretty sweet.

Adam said...

yeah well i also forded a small river because me and my cousins (or buddies i guess)are cool like that too. I saw bear tracks carved into a piece of wood in a miniature golf game. My cousin/buddy wrote his initials in a store window and they were clear as day for a day or two. We also went swimming in a 88 degree outdoor pool while it was 60 outside. We also went hiking to a bigger lake than yours. O yeah and some fellow pirates got MIP's. So I'm not so sure what Tom mean's by you guys are having mor fun than "us". Also you explained what happened in 4 of your five pics. So the lake one lines up with what i guess is a hot mud puddle

Tom said...

what I meant by "us" Adam, is SKaR is having more fun than "us" meaning everyone else together. We don't too much with the big group anymore.