Friday, June 16, 2006

liver sandwich

Did you know that working in a dinning room is a good way to get weird compliments? I have been told that I look "studious" ( by japanese people), "very pretty" ( by little kids), " slender" ( also japanese people), and that I am a "hard worker" ( german people and chinese people). Yeah, I also get called "dearest", "sweetheart", "sweety", "hun" and "hunny" by the servers. I feel like a dog, or else a doll. Mmmm... I had strawberry short cake after dinner and it was good.

6 comments:

Adam said...

I also have gotten great compliments: why are you so slow? Where's my pretzel? good ice cream (yeah i guess i made it myself), thanks, and also Is the upstairs done yet?

Rachael said...

yeah apparently, i have an accent...and am well spoken. my co-workers joke about me being a goody goody because i don't smoke, drink or "mess around".

Rachael said...

although...i do through cheesecakes, peaches and sausages at people when attacked. the other day, i went into the kitchen and the cook said, "get out of my kitchen!" and he threw a fistfull of raw sausages at me. one hit me in the side of the face...yeah, i returned the favor.

Rachael said...

throw*

Tom said...

the only comments I get are retard, something along the lines of falling off roofs, um, I don't know what else.

Sarah said...

i think that they meant that i looked like a geek, but i guess in their culture that is a compliment at least from the older people.